Saturday, March 15, 2008

Kids yet?




No don't get any ideas!!

We are not having kids yet. ha ha. That actually makes me laugh out loud just thinking of me being in charge of another person's life. I try so hard to be organized, but there is just not one organizational bone in my body. This just HAS to be a genetic thing right?

I feel quite certain I will leave my child at Walmart at least once in his life. Poor thing. How would you like to pop into the world and look up and see Aaron and I? .....and ask God, "Are you serious?" "You gave me to THEM?"

hahahahahahahaha! I am totally kidding..... When we do have kids they will be loved so much they won't be able to stand it, we will teach them all about Jesus who loves them even more than us....we will dress them in jordan shorts/shoes and big bows....they will get to play in the mud...they will have the BEST cousins in the world (shout out to Carter and Averi and the third baby by the time we have kids! ha) ....they will get to go to the park , and ride on Krunch's back like a horse......ahhh just the thought makes me smile.........but still......doesn't rush me!

All that to say that being around kids (high school kids) on a daily basis has taught me so much about life and ones influence on things. There is not a day that goes by that the Lord has not caught my attention through my high schoolers or Aaron's.

Example #1: (my personal favorite) There is a sweet sweet girl at EHS that all year long Aaron has taken under his wing, and really kind of had a sweet spot for. She is a really good kid with a sweet family, pregnant mom, and dad is not really in the picture. Anyway Aaron has done lots of great things for them, like rides, food, etc. You know practicle things you need help with being a mom of 3 with not lots of help. Anyway recently she started calling Aaron "Dad." Her theory was that, "Aaron you are my dad #2, because I have to have a real dad, but you are the one I like."

Isn't my husband sweet?

#2: This girl I had in my PE class is always in just an OKAY mood. Never too happy, but not like depressed by any means! Anyway, she stopped and asked me Friday before spring break, "Coach, why are you always so nice?" "Don't you get tired of us?" haha, I say that to point out two things. #1 My attitude that day MAY have been a little BLAH, if you will, with it being the friday before spring break. and #2. God has a fun way of reminding us that He loves us. EVEN on the Friday before spring break when you think everyone is just going through the motions!

LOVE IT!

anyway I am off to bed, and a note to all....maybe my memories of kids right now are so fond from the sheer fact that it is SPRING BREAK. Ask me again next week!


KIDDING!

No comments: